Every time I drive by this darling garage I slow down to admire its hand painted sign. The other day the cars that are normally parked in front were gone, and I was able to see the sweet red flowers that someone planted to match the logo and red door. Branding at its finest.Pin It
Category Archives: Charleston
Welcoming guests with a wedding treat bag is a fun tradition. It’s a great way to say hello & thanks to your wedding guests as soon as they arrive, and it’s a super way to help them max out their trip. By filling the bags with local favorites, guests are able to fully experience and understand why you chose the place you did for your special day.
Since we’re in Charleston, one of the most popular wedding destinations in the country, we thought we’d share our top 11 favorite treats for the perfect Charleston wedding welcome bag.
SOURCES | 1: We love the cute wrappings on the absolutely delicious chocolate bars from Sweeteeth Chocolate in North Charleston.
2:Â You can’t get much deeper into the roots of Carolina’s Lowcountry than Charleston Tea Plantation’s loose teas. Not only do they come in all sorts of fresh-from-the farm-flavors but they are already well packaged in their signature tins. Our favorite flavor is Charleston Breakfast.
3: When we asked some local bride-to-be’s what their first sweet treat would be in their welcome bags they didn’t hesitate to say Pralines from River Street Sweets.Â The company is based just a couple hours away in Savannah but there is a local Charleston shop right on Market Street.
4: Another Charleston delight are the sesame seed cookies called Benne Wafers found at Olde Colony Bakery, home of the original Charleston Benne Wafer. They make a perfect late night snack — a little salty, a little sweet.
5: A handmade Palmetto Rose is the perfect decorative touch to the bags. They are usually made by young boys who walk around Charleston so you won’t get much more down home and local than that! They last forever and make a sweet souvenir.
6:Â Charleston Magazine is a perfect way for your guests to get a feel for the arts, dining, fashion, people, homes and basically the overall culture of Charleston! You can purchase multiple copies at a discount by contacting Helen atÂ Helen@charlestonmag.comÂ or call (843) 971-9811.
7:Â The Best Little Map of Charleston is just what your guests need to get around the town when they aren’t at the wedding. There is so much to do and see, this will give them the opportunity to easily explore and enjoy.
8: Sweet tea is a well known southern favorite so it only made sense for a hand crafted sweet tea vodka to spring up and become a very popular cocktail. TheÂ original Firefly VodkaÂ distilleryÂ is just 40 minutes outside of Charleston on Wadmalaw Island. We love mixing it with lemonade and lots & lots of ice.
9: A five dollar gift card to Black Tap Coffee will not only be great for your guests the morning after but it will force them to use it while they are here and experience the best cup in Charleston! Ask for the mint julep latte, from their secret menu.
10: You don’t want your guests to miss any part of the best travel destination in the country (according to Travel + Leisure) so give them a head start by adding pamphlets of all the local sights and activities. You can pick up a bunch at the Charleston Visitors Center on Meeting Street.Pin It
SOURCES || 1. Beach Read: Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close is hilarious and cute, nothing too deep so your beach day is the epitome of relaxtion.
2. Adorable Summer Straw Hat by J CrewÂ in sunwashed pink.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs cat-eye sunglasses– a sunnies trend that seems to be so deliciously popular lately. These babies can go from street to beach all the while sporting 100% UV protection.
4. Sick of the typical flip flop look? These Mardis Gras Sandals by RoxyÂ are the right amount of criss-crossingly chic.
5. Stay ec0-friendly with these highly absorbant, fast drying, 100% Turkish cotton towels from Etsy.
6. Everyone has delicate, beautiful, sensitive skin that needs to stay protected from the harsh rays of our dear frenemy, Mr. Sun. Banana Boat Natural Reflect Baby Sunscreen Lotion is wonderful for large areas, while Clarin’s SPF 30 Sun Control Stick is perfect for those hard to get spots on the nose, eyelids and ears.
7. Beach waves are lovely but sometimes you just need to get your hair out of your face. We thought this cute Mixed Print Headwrap from Urban Outfitters would be just the right accessory.
8. Julie Brown Reversible Beach Chairs are not only easy to carry but they are so fab as well.
9. Finally, we couldn’t think of a better, more classic beach bag than the Shoreline Tote by Lilly Pulitzer. So girly, so beachy, so roomy. J’adore!Pin It
Charleson locals Ben Ross and Jeff Plotner of Brackish Bow TiesÂ are redefining the traditional bow tie and have launched an awesome new trend: bow ties made from real feathers. The cool thing about feather bow ties is that no two are alike, since no two birds are alike. They’re an awesome look for groomsmen … in fact the whole thing started when Ben fashioned a turkey feather bow tie as a gift for his groomsman, Jeff. We’re obsessed!Pin It
How darling is this little James Island Church? It’s painted a charming cantaloupe color. It looks like the perfect spot for an intimate wedding. Can’t you just see the wedding photos in your head? I’m picturing a chic hat with a net veil, emerald green high heels, and a dapper groom in a linen suit.Pin It