Today we’re taking a peek behind the scenes at the Delphine studio … at the awesome people behind the brand! Meet our newest designer, Lytle Cannon.
1. My role at Delphine/what I do all day:
I design proofs of wedding invitations and stationery for bridesÂ to be.
2. Describe why you went into graphic design.
Well, I have always loved art and I majored in Psychology in college. I thought graphic design would be a way to combineÂ two things that I am reallyÂ passionate about!
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
Nature and anything in my environment
4. What would you do if you won the lottery today?
Take everyone at Delphine out for drinks!
5. What is your favorite font?
6. How do you stay organized?
By color coding, writing myself notes, and highlighting!
7. Which super-power would you like to have: mind reading or invisibility?
Definitely mind reading! I think it would get old really fast to be invisible all the time.
8. What do you listen to while working?
Depends on what mood I’m in. Lately I’ve been listening to Amy Winehouse Radio and James Brown Radio on Pandora
9. What is your favorite Delphine design and why?
San Francisco- because it can be really fun and casual
Chrysanthemum- because of the detail in the design element
10. Name 3 things you can’t live without.
My family,Â ERNIE! My golden retriever puppy,Â and cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks
11. What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten? (include who it was from)
Don’t be afraid to fail. -Professor from college
12. What is the latest book you have read?
13. What is your favorite place to eat in Charleston?
14. What keep you going throughout the day?
Recently- Milkshakes from Chic fil a and an awesome Reeses cake that Jeffrey made
15. How do you get past creative blocks?
Take a break and walk outside
16. Are you a Twilight, Hunger Games, or Harry Potter series fan?
17. What is your favorite thing about Charleston?
The humid summers, bad drivers and flooding
18. What is the craziest line of text a client has ever asked for on an invitation?
“party pants required”
19. What’s your favorite color?
It changes all the time but I always love any shade of blue
20. What’s your favorite book?
21. Some things you might not know about me areâ€¦
My pet peeve? When people don’t push their buggies to the cart return and leave them in the middle of the parking lot
Where were you born? Spartanburg, SC
Best advice for a bride? Stay calm and have fun